Friday, May 9, 2008

Love and Steven Segal

(Saturday May 3, 2008 - 12:49pm)
The other night when I was up writing in a towel and snow hat, i was probably the only awake person out and about. There were no hikers or other non-hiking guests, no employees, no one. Just me and a raccoon that I initially thought was a cat.

So I come out of the resort's computer room and I hear this cheesy music playing over the loudspeakers in the lodge. It was that Kenny G-type elevator jazz saxophone playing wordless pop hits. I think the tune I heard then was Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston.

Then I remembered that this was the same music that was playing down at the hot spring when all of the hikers were there swimming and drinking.

I remember walking in, and I see a quiet pool with steam coming off, surrounded by soft lighting, people swimming slowly back and forth to the shitty music. The whole scene made me feel like I was an extra in what was about to be a Steven Segal love scene.

But aside from that, if you ever have a chance to do a southern California road trip, make the Warner Springs Ranch one of your stops. Someone's bound to leave there pregnant.

No comments: