Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Apologies

Sorry for the long delay between posts. It's not that I haven't had anything to write. Just the opposite. I fell behind sometime around when we left Tuolumne Meadows in Yosemite and have been struggling to catch up ever since.
Some of the longer pieces I've been writing in my journal and will type them up later, but for now I put down a bunch of the ones that I could do pretty quickly.
Tomorrow I should be able to get down a couple more and then hopefully the longer ones will be finished by the time I get to the town stop at mile 1506 (I'm at 1377 right now). After that I should be back to regular updates and whatnot.
As for being so far ahead, the crazy California wildfire season forced us to skip a 138 mile section of the trail, from Sierra City up to Chester. We could have hike a decent portion of that 138 miles, but it would have involved a lot of road walking that nobody wanted to do.
So our plans are for right now to keep on keeping on to Canada and then if the currently closed section is open when we finish, to head back down and complete the unfinished section in September.
That's about it trail-wise. Like I said, I've got a bunch of stories to write up, so keep looking for updates as they'll start picking up again at each town stop.
Goodnight minions.

No comments: